Sunday, February 17, 2013

ABOUT ME

ABOUT ME

How’s it going , my name is Mike Knox and I am the creator of this blog. I’m a 18 year old, Jersey Native, and a freshman currently attending University of Rhode Island studying Film and Media. I found myself partaking classes all concerning broadcasting, production, and film history throughout high school so choosing my major didn’t come to be hard at all. I was raised on the belief that the career you end up in shouldn’t be seen as a job rather it should be something you love to do and can wake up every morning happy and not look back thinking you passed up on your dreams. The first time a camera fell into my hands I fell in love and since then I haven’t found myself straying away from the television and film industry. What made me interested in choosing this topic to blog about is simple, writing about something your passionate for allows me to enjoy what I’m posting and connect with my targeted audience in a way I wouldn’t be able to with a different topic. To watch a film and really take in the passion, writing, preproduction, and hard work that goes into is what made me like this industry so much.

1 comment:

  1. Your About Me post clearly demonstrates your passion for film and production, so it seems natural that you would choose to write about films as a blog topic. The Description section also clearly identifies your target audience and how you expect those readers to interact with your blog via discussions. I am wondering, however, if "films" might be a bit too broad of a topic to really form a clubhouse type blog. I like the topic of your first post, mainly because I like the movie, and I think it could be an interesting "jumping off point" if, for example, you plan to discuss mafia movies or films directed by Coppola. If your next post is about something random like Suberbad, then I am a little confused about the focus of the blog. I think you might benefit from narrowing the topic a bit and including that in your description somewhere, because as a reader, I have aboslutely no idea what to expect from your next post, so I'm not sure that I would revisit. Just a thought... I'll shut up now.

    ReplyDelete